So you want to be a lifeguard?
We think there are loads of great reasons why you’d want to become a lifeguard and we guess you must think it’s a pretty good idea too!
Reasons why we think you’d love it…
- First and foremost you are providing an amazing public service. You will without a doubt make people feel confident, happier and safer just by being on the poolside and you could potentially save a life.
- Being a lifeguard offers a fantastic foundation to a career in the leisure industry. Many senior managers began their rise to leisure stardom by lifeguarding at their local pools
- The opportunity to get fit. Not only will you have to have a basic level of fitness to become a lifeguard but you will be encouraged to stay fit and get fitter.
- You get to work with a team of young like minded people, so there’s plenty of opportunity to increase your social circle!
- If you’re a competitive type there is plenty of opportunity to show off your lifeguarding talents in events like the National Pool Lifeguard Championships (team event) and the Lifeguard Triathlon
- Lastly but still very importantly, you will gain a life skill that will come in handy for the rest of your life
To find out when the next NPLQ course is running at South Holderness Sports Centre, please contact reception on 01482 897690.